* Equipment – all equipment is provided for the players except a girdle and cleats. The girdle can be any color, brand, or style that you choose. The football program is phasing out the black so if you have to purchase new cleats they prefer white but if you already bought cleats and they are another color that is not a problem at all. We understand that they are not cheap and that the boys feet are continually changing sizes.
* Paperwork – if your son played football in the fall and their physical isn’t more than a year old then they are all good to play spring football. For new players all paperwork, physical, and insurance fee must be paid prior to them stepping onto the practice field on April 25th. If you have any questions or need the packet of paperwork please let me know.
* Spring practice times for 8th graders is 4:30 to 6:30pm on April 25, 26, 28; May 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12. Saturday May 7th is a morning practice (9am to 12pm) and scrimmage then Mother’s Day Cookout. Please plan to join the Pirate families at the cookout!
* Equipment distribution for 8th graders is Monday, April 18th at 4:30pm. Meet just outside of the BRHS locker rooms which are located on the east end of campus in the building next to the football stadium.
* Spring practice for current 9th to 11th graders begins on Monday, April 25th. They will practice from right after school until approximately 5:45pm Monday through Friday. Saturday practices are from 9am to noon.
* Pick-up – Parents you may wait in the parent pick up loop when picking your son up after practice. Sometimes practices do run a little longer than expected so please be as patient as possible.
* Spring Football Game – We play at Lakewood High in St. Pete. The drive time without any traffic issues is 40 minutes. Coach Bradley believes kick-off is at 7pm but when we have confirmation of that I will make sure you all know. The 8th graders will not be able to play in this game but it would be fabulous if they can come up and watch the game.
* Game Day school attire for players – The football players will wear dress pants, dress shirts, belts, ties, dress shoes and socks to school on Thursday, May 19th. You might want to make sure their dress clothes still fit now instead of finding out the night before.
Please help us spread the word to the 8th graders who are zoned for or accepted to BRHS through school choice about Spring football practice. This is an amazing opportunity for them to get to know their future teammates and coaches and learn all about football at BRHS. I have attached the flyer for 8th graders from Coach Chronis for you to share.